Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Fear Conquered


There have been a number of things at the gym that have always intimated me. One by one I am trying to over come those fears. The first was the spin bike. Now it's a weekly activity. The second was the weight area of the gym, now I'm there almost every day.

I picked up a gym schedule earlier this week and checked to see what the Sunday morning class way. I was immediately discouraged when I saw that it was cardio kickboxing.

To me that meant really fit people doing high impact activities. I had some friends who used to do a kick boxing class, but I really did not feel comfortable trying to participate, but that was then and this is now.

I know that I have not gotten results doing the same old stuff and now was the time to start trying new things.

So this morning I got up and went to the 9:15am cardio kick boxing class. When I got there I realized that it was taught by a guy which just made the whole situation that much more intimidating, but I stayed.

The results - what an hour. I was sweating withing the first 5 minutes and I didn't stop. I kept up with everyone and the only thing I could not do was burpees (which I am ok with). The verdict - I loved the class and will definitely be back next week. If I keep this up I may have to invest in my own gloves because I think I used hand sanitizer 50 times while I was there.

4 comments:

  1. awesome!! Very proud of you for hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..."but that was then and this is now"...LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job!!! I have gloves kicking around somewhere that you are welcome to borrow :)

    ReplyDelete