Tuesday, April 19, 2011

There Must Be Something Wrong with Me



Something really weird happened today. I knew that I was on call tonight so I decided to work out at lunch in case I wasn't able to later on. This evening on my way home from work I got a text from my sister in law asking if I was going to the gym. I responded no, I had already worked out. I then had a really weird feeling, I was jealous that she was going to work out and I wasn't.

I went home, had dinner and stared to watch tv. I still couldn't stop thinking about working out. I knew at that point that there really must be something wrong with me. It was when I started snacking that I realized that I needed to go back to the gym.

Two hours later I am home from the gym and I feel better for going a second time. I know that this level of motivaton and excitment may not last for ever so I am definitely going to take advantage of it while I can.

About a month ago my sister made a comment that when she sees someone out running she feels jealous that she can't be out running too. At the time I laughed and made a comment about her being possibly switched at birth. I guess I may have spoke too soon.

2 comments: