Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finally Figured Out What Works

For those of you who have been following the blog for the last little while you will be familiar with my frustration about loosing weight at a snails pace.

It did not seem to matter what I did, the scale continued to move only a fraction at a time. There have been days when my frustration has gotten the better of me and I've made some bad food choices as a result.

Last week following a gain at the scale my sister suggested getting back to basics. Logging and measuring every thing that I ate and exercising regularly. I said that I would give it a shot and she introduced me to a new website where I could easily track and it would email her a daily summary of my progress.

So for the past week I have documents everything that I have eaten and I have documented every calorie that I have burned.

I worked out every day and pushed myself as hard as I could.

The result - 3.8lbs loss at the scale.

I was very excited and I think I told everyone I saw.
I had a private moment when I was changing for the gym where I was almost in tears.

I know that I worked really hard for those pounds (for arguments sake, lets just say 4), but on the flip side I never felt that I was deprived or that what I did was beyond what I was capable of.

Yes I had some really good gym days where I burned around 1000 calories, but I did that by combining my lunch hour work out with a reasonable time at the gym. I don't feel that I deprived myself of any foods that I really wanted and I feel that I got to see my family and didn't have to live at the gym either. In short, there is really no reason that I can't put in that same effort every week.

I know that I am capable of losing weight, yes I do have to work really hard at it, but I can lose weight.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are doing so well! -3.8 lbs is tremendous !!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta girl. That's what it takes. You have to document everything that you have eaten and work out every day and push as hard as you can.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete