Friday, March 4, 2011

Le pain, le fromage and le vin


So I'm not sure why I am channeling the French today, but as I ended my work day all I could think about was opening up a bottle of wine and eating cheese and bread. I guess compared to a big mac or deep fried wings this was not a horrible craving, but never the less it was certainly dangerous territory. Rather than take chance with these foods as a snack where there would be an increased likelihood of over indulgence I decided that if these were the foods I wanted I would make them my meal, have control over them and move on. So on my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a baguette and a small piece (pre cut) of brie. I finished neither the piece of baguette that I cut nor the cheese. As for the wine, I opened it and poured a glass, but never drank it as I opted for coffee with a friend instead. I know Friday nights can be for me after a long work week. I was happy about how I chose to have control over my choices while still allowing myself a treat. Previously I would have eaten dinner and then around 8pm caved and then gone out to buy ether these foods or by them something worse for me. I also felt ok eaten a "meal" of questionable nutritional value as my last 2 days have been great and this was a well deserved controlled treat.


I have given a lot of thought to the coming weekend. We are planning a trip to a pancake house on a maple syrup farm. While I like pancakes, this activity for me is all about the kids so I am going to eat before we go and just enjoy coffee while I am there. One of my reasons for doing this is that we are thinking about having dinner out one night this weekend and I want to have some control over my other meals.


Another positive is that this is the first time in a while that I have written a blog on a Friday night. My is to write all weekend which will hopefully keep me accountable - we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment