Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't wait for Spring

March is here. Somehow for me it does not matter that we may still see another major snow storm or that it will be at least 6-8 weeks until it feels like spring. March signifies for me that Winter is on its way out.

I do not like the cold. I injured by back in a car accident about a decade ago and while I don't have any lasting issues when I get cold I tense up and this causes my back to hurt. So outdoor activities and sports during the winter are very low on my to do list.

I also find during the winter that I am more likely to eat heavier foods and more carbs. In the summer it seems much more normal to have grilled veggies and chicken for dinner or a salad. Those foods just don't seem to cut it in the winter.

I am hoping that spring and spring clothing will bring some much needed motivation to me as I feel that after 2 months of working on weight loss I am getting bored and frustrated with both the ongoing nature of this journey as well as my slow results.

When I think of spring I get excited thinking about getting my bike out to go riding with the kids, spending hours at the dog park with the dog, walking to the park and cooking healthy foods outside on the bbq.

So I will happily let the snow melt and I will deal with the puddles if they will bring with them the sun and the warm weather.

In my mind winter is coming to an end and with spring around the corner this means that I need to get myself into gear if I am going to achieve my summer goals I need to be on track now, not 6-8 weeks from now.

Today was better than yesterday and I have plans to end the day well with a good dinner, but I'm just not as excited as I was 9 weeks ago and I don't know what to do yet to get that excitment back. I know that it is out there, I just need to figure out something to bring me back to life when it comes to this journey.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about this post. I feel the same way about Spring. I truly look forward to Spring and how my weight loss will be affected in a positive way because of it!

    ReplyDelete