Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Goal

I have been trying to come up with a goal that I can visualize and focus on. It's easy to say that you want to be smaller or buy a smaller size, but it is different to actually have a item to think about. A lot of women use their wedding dress as a focus point when they want to lose weight, but I've been married for 8 years so that's not going to work. A thought came to me, but I wasn't sure if it was brilliant or evil. The plan, buy a bathing suit, the kicker, buy it 2-3 sizes too small.

As previously mentioned this idea has both brilliant and evil properties, I mean women don't like buying bathing suits on a good day and I'm going to buy one that I can't even fit into. Off I went shopping. I have decided to save the specialty bathing suit stores until I'm at my goal, for now I'm looking for motivation with a small price tag, so I headed to walmart. What I found was an array of bathing suits. The plus sizes ones look the same as they did last year and the year before, but in the regular size suits, so many options.

I bypassed the string bikinis, let's face reality, I've had 2 kids and started to look at my tankini options. I fell in love with a teal number with stripes on the waist band and the bust. I had the xl in my hand when I decided that if I'm going to go for it I have to go all the way so I put back the xl and put the L in my cart.

The suit physically does fit on my body. This is a sight no one will ever see. I an debating taking a picture as a before photo. The plan is to try the suit on monthly as motivation and to keep a picture (of the suit, not me in the suit) with me for motivation. The goal, to wear this bathing suit on the cruise at the end of August.

1 comment:

  1. The dreaded bathing suit shopping! Good for you! I know you can achieve this goal. I am in the same "boat" as you, and trying to shrink myself. I even started a blog. Perhaps we can share our experiences. Or - add me to your blogroll?
    http://sweatwithasmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete