Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Weekend, A New Approach


So I've decided to take a new approach to the weekend. For the last few weeks the weekends have been 2-3 days where I don't pay as much attention to what I eat, I don't exercise and I don't write anything on my blog.

The result is that I only have about 4 days to really work on my weight loss each week which has led to much slower results.

This weekend my challenge is to find a better balance between staying on track as well as finding opportunities to treat myself.

This morning we are at home with plans to clean the house and head to morning activities such as dance and a hair cut for my son.

There is no reason for me to do anything other than start my morning with a good healthy breakfast the same way I do Mon-Fri. That way if other situations present themselves later in the day such as dinner out I am in a better position to make the food choices that I want to make.

The weekends have represented freedom to me as its 2 days from work and an opportunity to do fun activities with my family. What I need to refocus is that the weekend is not freedom from making good food choices because ultimately that has a big impact on my weight loss journey.

1 comment:

  1. I have been struggling with the same for months....I spend monday thru Thursday struggling just to lose the few I put in over the weekend, though it was usually mostly water...I have tried a new approach the last 3 weeks, and have finally lost NEW weight for the first time in months...Friday nite dinner (or sat/sun meal if I have an event/party) I eat whatever I want...last nite was lasagna with wine and bread...and until I go to bed, it is free reign...but I find I am soo full from dinner that is usually it! So only a 5 hour window or so, and sat am it is right back to business! I even find myself starting to plan on Tuesday what Friday will be! And all things I am craving will be saved till then..if I still hVe room for them!

    ReplyDelete