Sunday, February 6, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End

I woke up this morning with a startling realization. Yesterday was the first time since January 1, that I did not write a daily blog.

I had thought about writing earlier in the day, but decided that I would wait. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and we got home later than expected.

Last night my husband and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. Now technically our anniversary is in early January, but the proximity to the holidays as well as our desire to get centred in our eating habits led us to the decision to wait a bit before going out.

It is interesting to think that I am (being only 30) am at a place in my life where I have been in a relationship where I have been married for 8 years and with this person for almost 11 years. I think that it is the strength and comfort of this relationship that is helping me on this journey. A person whom you have only started dating is not going to ask you what your food choices are for the day and they are definitely not going to ask you if you lost any weight this week. So Happy Belated Anniversary to my Husband who I love and who I appreciate for his help in support in all areas of our lives, but especially for his support of my journey. He has decided to be a part of this journey as well and to date has last 13lbs. Together we will become the Shrinking Mommy and Daddy.

So my best laid plans on Friday night fell short of what I was hoping for, however the additional calories came from vodka and not from food. With another evening out planned for Saturday I needed to bring a bit more focus to make sure that the weekend would not be a write off.

I started my being very aware of my choices through out the day so that I wasn't going into dinner with the majority of my food already consumed for the day. We decided to eat at Sotiris, a Greek Restaurant. I ordered water to drink ate my salad and brought home a little more than half of my entree. I definitely felt that good choices were made and I consider my first "date night" on this journey to be a success.

Depending on how the day goes I may end up writing again tonight to keep up with my attempts at daily posts, but we will wait to see how the day goes and if I have anything to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment