Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another weekend over

As much as I have complained about how the weekend presents an ongoing challenge to my routine I really could not live without them.


I know how lucky I am that Scott and I both work Monday-Friday jobs so that we get to have the weekends together as a family. Now often I am on call those weekends, but generally we are together.


I worked all day yesterday so there was a disruption to my weekend and now on Sunday night I don't feel like I have had my proper weekend to rejuvenate for the next week. I think it will definitely be important tonight to relax and focus for the week ahead.


I think this is one of the reasons why I have gravitated to the Monday night meeting at Weight Watchers, it helps me get back on track after a rough weekend which is great since my Weigh In Day is Thursday.


We made a cake for my foster son's birthday today and I ate a slice. I have not had cake in over two months, I have said no to it at least 5 times in the office over the last 8 weeks, but tonight I cut myself a small piece really without even thinking. I really wish I had stopped to think because now after eating it I am a) glad it was a small piece and b) feeling that I really did not enjoy eating the very rich chocolate cake. The only good news is that the cake is causing me to drink lots of water right now to rinse it down.


My vacation south is now 180 days away and I continue to be committed to ongoing life changes for the next year. Some days are good, some are a great and a few aren't so hot, but every day I at least think about the choices I am making which is more than I can say for my life before this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Dawn!! I really enjoyed reading it, and look forward to continue reading it.

    Keep up the good work. I know I have my days during the week when I struggle myself, and get a little anxious before my WI day on Fridays.

    Have a good week!!

    RJ

    ReplyDelete