Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back to Clean

Today was my first day back to 100% clean eating. I've gone back to this more strict way of eating because I find the simultaneous structure and flexibility helpful. The program is very structured as it is clear about what food as ok (clean) and what foods are off limits. The program is flexible as you can eat what you want within those parameters. 


I've found over the few weeks that the flexibility of weight watchers allowing to fit anything into the program for me is the beginning of the end as I can easily justify an unhealthy meal with a plan to eat less later. Clean eating forces me to make a good choice every time I put something into my mouth.


Case in point. Today I found myself in a Tim Hortons parking lot in a small town. It was close enough to the end of the day that lunch was far behind me, but not late enough for me to consider an early dinner.


In similar situations over the last couple of weeks I would probably end up going in and getting a bagel with a plan to have a smaller dinner. In reality, dinner would be normal and I would never make up those calories.


Today with my resolve to eat only clean foods a bagel with either cream cheese or butter was off the table. I also did not think I could make it through the day without eating. My solution was to drive out of the Tim Hortons parking lot (still can't believe I had the will power to do this) and I drove over to the small local grocery store where I purchased a bunch of bananas, problem solved.


Todays Meals
Breakfast - plain oatmeal with cinnamon, honey and slivered almonds
Snack - clementine, preventia bar
Lunch - weight watchers pita, low fat hummus, raw veggies, half a chicken breast, orange
Snack - banana
Dinner - whole wheat spaghetti, extra lean ground chicken, tomato sauce with veggies, whole grain bread.
Snack - herbal tea and clementines

1 comment:

  1. Your meals look great. Congrats on all the good choices and for getting back on track:)

    ReplyDelete