Sunday, February 13, 2011

Family Dinner

In honor of my first weekend in a month that I am not on call I decided to make a big Sunday night dinner. Figuring out what to make wasn't as difficult as I first thought. It was easy to take traditional foods and just watch how I prepared them.


Dinner consisted of roast beef (trimmed of fat) with corn, carrots and rosemary roasted potatoes.


The best part of the whole dinner was that even after all that cooking my kitchen is still clean. That honestly is the best part of a Sunday, a clean house (well the main floor at least).


I am starting this week with a renewed sense of motivation about my ongoing weight loss journey. I know that willing the weight to come off faster is not going to work, if I want this I am going to have to keep working hard for it. The scale will move, my clothes will feel bigger and I will be healthier. 


I have done some hard reflection about some of the areas that I have been slacking during the last week. Two particular areas come to mind; breakfast and lunch. I have not been consistently making a clean breakfast at home which has led to either eating too many calories in the am or too few and being famished by lunch. This leads to area number two; lunch. I don't think that I packed a lunch last week at all and this has definitely had an impact on my lunch choices. 


So after my self reflection I headed to the grocery store to stock up for the week ahead. I have no excuses (well I could probably come up with a few) why I should not have both a healthy clean breakfast and lunch. I have let myself stray from some of the principles I set up at the beginning of the year and I think that my best shot at good progress is going back there. 


So here is to a good week and a good weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment