Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crash and Burn

Well we all knew that it had to come to an end. The last 7 days have been an ongoing experience of positive energy which I knew would not be indefinite.
  
Today demonstrated the finite nature of this positive energy.
  
Today I am tired and sore.
  
My energetic attempts at working out have left me both sore and with a pulled muscle in what I think is my hamstring.
  
My go go go attitude last week has left me today feeling tired and void of all energy.
Unfortunately the tasks of the day remain so I am left with the challenge of getting my house in order for the week while feeling pain with each step.

If there has been a day yet that has tempted me to take the easy way out, to cheat or to just plain give up today is that day.

Instead I have found some compromise. I will not be exercising today and I will probably not get the house clean to the standard that I would like, but I will follow my eating plan. This was resolve fairly early on today when I realized that today would be a challenge compared to other days this week.
  
So I stayed home while Scott took the kids tubing and spent the afternoon doing . . . Well pretty much nothing, but at the end of the day I can still say that I am on track.
   
I have had a number of requests for grocery lists and meal plans. I don’t believe that I will able to provide these things on a daily or weekly basis. I do want to be clear that I work full time and have 3 kids at home so trust me everything that I make especially during the week is extremely simple. If you have any questions about how to prepare anything that you have seen on the blog please leave me a comment or message me on Facebook. I would be happy to provide direction about anything that I have made.

Today’s Meals
*This week’s goal to combine complex carbs (cc) and protein (p) at each meal
Breakfast - 12 grain toast (cc) with almond butter (p) and honey
Lunch - brown rice (cc), chicken breast (p), cooked spinach, yellow pepper and honey seasoned with no preservative salsa (see photo below)
Dinner - Chicken breast with spinach and goat cheese baked in the oven, quiona, asparagus with a mixed green salad.
Photo of Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment