Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Its Habit Forming

So today I did some research about how to form new habits. I know that one of my big issues is that I have formed bad habits.

Some examples:
Ordering diet coke everywhere I go
Stopping at Tim Hortons when I am out on the road
Eating while watching tv
Eating while I am bored
Running out the door without breakfast or lunch and just figuring it out as the day go by.
  
The problem is that each of these habits has contributed bit by bit to my weight problem.
  
So I set off to find out how to form new habits. All I knew was that it takes 21-28 days to form a new habit. My question is how do you make through those 21-28 days.
   
Replace Lost Needs - In order to be successful at forming a new habit you need to replace whatever need that habit was filling, For me Boredom was a bit need that eating was filling. This need has been replaced with daily exercise, cooking healthy food and blogging
  
Balance Feeback - You have to form habits that creates more joy than pain. For me the support and feedback I have been getting from these changes is all positive.
  
Write it down - I've got that covered
   
Consistency - Habit is to be consistent and repeated. My goals remain the same each with with new challenges added as I master the first.
  
Today's Exercise - Jari Love's Fat Burn Video
   
Today's Meals
Breakfast - Whole Grain Fat Free Rye Toast, Almond Butter, Honey
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Left over pasta from last night
Snack - Almonds
Dinner (see photo) Halibut crusted with (ground - flax seed, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, rolled oats, rye flakes), clean tzatziki, corn, clean mashed potatos (made with milk, yogurt cheese and a touch of olive oil) 

2 comments: