Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let the Competition Begin

I've been struggling a bit today in deciding what to write about. It has been a pretty regular weekend so that is good for my routine, however makes for pretty boring writing.

On an exciting note I now have a piece of fitness equipment in my home. Thanks to my mom who purchased a new machine for her house, I now have a recumbent bicycle. I made good use of it today riding for a total of 90 minutes.

This is impeccable timing as the month long fitness challenge starts tomorrow at my office. The month long fitness challenge is where groups of 6 compete to see who can log the most exercise minutes. This challenge for a sore point for me last year where I was averaging 1-2 hours of exercise a day and failed to loose any weight. This year having gotten into a good pattern with my eating I feel confident that this competitive push will help boost my weight loss efforts.

My goal for the month is to attend the gym at work 4 days a week and to ride the bike whenever I can in the evenings. I don't care if I win, for me it is not about, it is about taking my routine to the next level and starting to change the shape of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment