Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Infidelity and Redemption

I cheated on my diet. I think we all knew that this day would eventually come, but it's not like I was intending to be unfaithful. I'm not sure if I was testing my relationship with clean eating to see what would happen if I strayed, but I do know that I want my clean eating relationship to work which is why I was very selective about what foods I cheated with.

To back up, the last 48 hours have been crazy. I've been working all night and trying to get by with 4 hour naps during the day. I was heading out to a work appointment tonight when I realized that because of my nap I hadn't eaten since 8am. It was at that moment that I decided to allow myself a cheat.

Now just to be clear I did not gorge myself on ice cream or chocolate bars. I stopped at subway and had a clean chicken sub with baked BBQ chips and a Diet Coke. Not exactly diet suicide but also definitely not clean. The chips were good and they were baked so I don't have any guilt, but I was surprised at my reaction to the diet coke. I expected it to be like a coming home party, but it was just ok which is a really good sign.

So I'm home now and back on track. I feel Good that I could allow myself a treat without falling off the rails.

Now for the redemption
This week has been full of doubt for me. I have watched the scale bounce up 5lbs in a day and it has caused me to question if I know what I am doing or not. Today was weigh in day and despite the crazy daily weigh-ins of the past week I am down another pound. 6lbs in 2 weeks is definitely something I can handle.

1 comment: