Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In the Face of Adversity

Today was definitely my most challenging day yet.


The day actually started last night. I was on call for work and did not end up getting to sleep. This morning I learned that the schools were closed so for that reason combined with my lack of sleep I took the day off.


That left me home all day with a 6 year old to feed and a kitchen full of food. As I have previously discussed unstructured days are not good for me.


I spent part of the morning resting to make up for my lack of sleep and while I had originally had high hopes for my afternoon off I ended up finishing some work and hanging out with my daughter.


On the plus side in order to stay on track I kept my eating rather simple for the day. For both breakfast and lunch I had a poached egg on a whole wheat whole grain English Muffin and a 50 cal light baby bell. My beverages of choice water and herbal tea.


My husband came to my rescue this evening to save me from poaching any more eggs. He has made baked salmon for dinner with corn and sweet potatoes.


While today may not have been exciting, I kept on track and that is the most important part.


I am looking forward to starting the WW portion of my weight loss journey this week. My hope is that using their principles combined with clean eating will help me establish good portion control and keep my overall eating at a level conducive to weight loss.


Thank you to everyone who has been following the blog for 18 days now. I am encouraged to keep going by each and every climbing page view.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how the WW goes I am considering joining but holy frack its so expensive per month for non work people!!!! $52 for meetings!

    ReplyDelete