Monday, January 10, 2011

That's a lot of water

Ok so I am really struggling with this water thing.

The concept of drinking 2-3L of water a day does not bother me as I’m not drinking pop or juice, the taste of the water does not bother me either as I like water.
The problem is the actual behavior/habit of drinking the water.


Today I was driving home at 4:30pm and I realized that I had only drank 500ml of water all day. The problem is at this point ¾ of my day is gone and I still have to drink 1.5-2.5L of water in about 6 hours. 


So as I sit and write this blog I have a bottle of water in front of me and I guess I will be spending the evening alternating between drinking water and running to the bathroom. Good thing I didn’t have any other plans.


Today was interesting as I did not feel as hungry as usual. Despite rushing out the door this morning I was able to bring breakfast to eat in the car and I was surprised to look at the clock at 11:30am and realize that I had not had a snack. This continued through out the day as I did not finish my lunch and have food left on my dinner plate.


I’m not sure of the process occurring here, I think that my mind it catching up with my body and all the filing foods I have been eating is actually starting to impact when I am hungry so I am eating based on what my body needs and not what my brain wants.


By the way I have been typing for 20 minutes and the bottle of water is still sitting here, see my problem.


I did make it to the gym today at lunch and had another round of Jillian’s Fat Burn video. Tomorrow I think I want to try the resistance video that killed me last week.


Before we get to today’s meals Here is a picture of last nights dinner. For those who don’t remember it was asparagus, quiona and chicken with spinach and goat cheese.













Now for Today's Meals
Breakfast - plain oatmeal with brown cane sugar and honey with blueberries and almonds
Snack - Banana

Lunch - Tuna on 12 grain bread with clean tzatziki, clementine, preventia cookies
Snack - banana and preventia granola bar
Dinner (see photo) Whole wheat spaghetti, chicken, tomato sauce, bell peppers (green, red and yellow), onions with a light mini baby bell cheese shredded on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment